Episode 6 - Part 2: ...And A Dollar Short
Completing last episode's tangent-filled exploration of video games, Ryan and Steve cover a variety of films in part 2 of Episode 6.
Jumping directly into the action, they discuss Stake Land, Prometheus, and (of course) many other topics, leading to the shortest-ever episode (as long as you don't consider the fact that it's the second half of what may be our longest episode in total).
This blessedly brief encounter features such hits as:
- Stake Land (1:18)
- Prometheus (5:42)
- The Greek titan
- Damon Lindelof - ruiner of things
- Ridely Scott - cunt
- Robin Hood
- Blade Runner
- Steve - smart fucking guy
- Phillip K. Dick
- Blade Runner 2: The Edge Of Human by K.W. Jeter (not Dick's kid, but a friend of Dick's and the creator of the term "steampunk")
- Do Androids Dream Of Electric Sheep?
- A Scanner Darkly
- William S. Burroughs (actually, the name came from an Alan E. Nourse novel that Burroughs had written a treatment for)
- Starship Troopers vs. Starship Troopers
- Paul Verhoeven
- The Avengers
- The Thing
- Guy Pearce
- Alien 3
- Alien: Ressurection
- AvP: Alien vs. Predator
- Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem
- Plot theories, based on nothing at all
- Another very thin analogy by Steve
- "The Hunger"
- Kingdom Of Heaven
- Steve's overreaction to historical inaccuracies and misrepresentations in films (19:01)
- Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter
- People who think Shakespeare didn't write his plays or were multiple people are fucking idiotic scum and should get AIDS
- Inglourious Basterds
- The Exorcism Of Emily Rose
- Jennifer Carpenter
- The Amityville Horror
- Steve really hates Braveheart and historical inaccuracy
- The Blair Witch Project
- Book Of Shadows: Blair Witch 2
- Paranormal Activiy
- The Last Broadcast
- Broadcast News
- Insulting "friends" and burning bridges - see Episode 3 in the "Comic Book Men" segment
- Kind of back to Prometheus and Ridley Scott and more historical niggling (31:34)
- Closing (38:00)
...And much more complaining about history on film!
|MouthFist Episode 6 Part 2|
Still a warning: This podcast is not safe for children, adults, or Clive Barker. Do not expose pregnant woman or Ridley Scott to this podcast. Maybe just don't listen to it at all. I mean, there's horse rape and a lot of cancer and internet panhandling and it will spoil the Mass Effect games for you.
Subscribe to the MouthFist Feed at Feedburner! Contact us about the show using the contact link at the bottom right or leave a goddamned comment.