Episode 6 - Part 1: A Day Late...
Despite setting themselves only three topics to discuss, Ryan and Steve somehow managed to talk for nearly two hours. Sure, it was mainly rambling bullshit and Ryan could have edited it down into yet another over-long episode, but Steve's inability to make a decent segue or wrap up a topic in such a way that any portion could be edited out smoothly gave little room to edit without turning the entire episode into a choppy mess. (Also, it'd be a lot of work. Though Ryan would have enjoyed cutting the same listener question from the podcast two weeks in a row.)
Following the path of least resistence, Ryan bought himself a week by splitting this gem into a two-parter. In this somewhat-delayed first half, the topics of Mass Effect 3, Wasteland 2, and attitudes of entitlement in gaming are broached, as well as a non-topic regarding the issue of the Steampunk genre, and quite a bit more video-game-related fare.
The last thing our few listeners hear before giving up the podcast for good may include the following:
- Steve's fecal issues
- A badly-formed discussion of the partially-answered question cut from Episode 5, regarding "steampunk" and all other "punk" genres
- Sean Demory
- Steven Sanders
- Thunder Road
- Steampunk's ties to goths
- Abney Park
- Unhallowed Metropolis
- Tortured metaphors about the Chinese
- Airships, unicorns, zombies, etc.
- Steve's dartboard brain
- Puns: the lowest form of comedy
- Young adult fiction as the only force remaining in the publishing industry
- The Hunger Games
- The religious need not apply to this podcast
- Battle Royale
- Ender's Game
- Adults reading children's fiction
- The Video Nasty list
- Lord Of The Flies
- Mass Effect 3: Opinions and controversy (16:47)
- Child's Play
- Chris Evans?
- Mark Meer
- Mass Effect
- Fallout 3
- Fallout: New Vegas
- Fallout 3 ending spoilers that aren't relevant unless you play it without Broken Steel
- Knights Of The Old Republic
- Neverwinter Nights
- Neverwinter Nights 2
- Babylon A.D.
- "Battlestar Galactica"
- "The Sopranos"
- Steve: master of bad analogies
- Memory lapses
- John Lithgow
- Jimmy Smits
- Edward James Olmos
- Colin Hanks
- Julia Stiles
- More spoilers, as usual
- Steve's awesome memory, always mentioned after not remembering something
- Total Mass Effect playtime to finish everything: around 33 hours
- Call Of Duty
- Steve hates you
- Expensive DLC and fan gnashing of teeth
- Entitlement and nerd rage
- Windows: fucking great
- Mac OS: does nothing
- Steve's ranting about Apple
- Asus Eee Transformer Prime
- "Star Trek: The Next Generation"
- Wasteland 2's Kickstarterand other retro games (44:40)
- Painkillerand more retro gaming (55:30)
...And no conclusion at all!
|MouthFist Episode 6 Part 1|
Yet a further warning: This podcast is not safe for children, adults, or Clive Barker. Do not expose pregnant woman to this podcast. Maybe just don't listen to it at all. I mean, there's horse rape and a lot of cancer and internet panhandling and it will spoil the Mass Effect games for you.
Subscribe to the MouthFist Feed at Feedburner! Contact us about the show using the contact link at the bottom right or leave a goddamned comment.